Re: [Monotone-devel] How to use monotone for release management

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] How to use monotone for release management
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:58:27 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:38:48 +0200, Tomas Fasth
<address@hidden> said:

tomfa> Having used cvs in the past ys I almost by reflex looked for an
tomfa> import/export function. Is there such a thing in monotone?

What can be done without difficulty is simply to keep a separate
branch where you keep track of the imported source, and then propagate
from that one to the one you do development in.  But that doesn't take
care of complexities like removed files, added files and execute
permissions.  I'm currently working on a Perl script that will do
those things.

Cheers,
Richard

-----