Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Multiple repositories in one server

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Multiple repositories in one server
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:59:44 -0500

Bruce Stephens wrote:
"Daniel M. German" <address@hidden> writes:

Also, is it possible to restrict connections to a given set of hosts,
potentially only 127.0.0.1?

I don't think so.  Operating systems often have suitable network
features to do that, and when they don't there are often addons that
can do it.  I guess it would be straightforward enough to add to
monotone, but I'm not sure it would be that valuable, would it?

I'm not sure why you'd want a server that only listened on 127.0.0.1,
but possibly that's just lack of imagination on my part?

[...]

I think this is possible by just using 127.0.0.1 as the address for monotone to listen on. It will not accept outside connections then.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Digium