0.17 (was Re: [Monotone-devel] news and survey)

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: 0.17 (was Re: [Monotone-devel] news and survey)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:04:12 -0800

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 02:31:25AM -0500, graydon hoare wrote:
> in order to work out any kinks which might arise during packaging and
> uploading from njs' machine rather than mine, I'm going to try to get
> him do the 0.17 release process while I'm still around. I know he has
> a lot of bugs he wants to work out still, so I'll leave a precise
> choice of readyness to him.

That's a good cue to post my list of things to do before 0.17, I
suppose:
  - make the new "put_revision calls check_sane_history" code faster
  - make it paranoid enough to catch Peter Simons's 'rename' bug
    (I haven't managed to figure out yet why the current huge pile of
    invariants doesn't catch this...)
  - figure out why 'db rebuild' on the monotone database is currently
    triggering an invariant failure, fix that
  - possibly add some sort of "rebuild tracking" support, to avoid the
    failure more where you accidentally synchronize a pre- and
    post-rebuild database and end up with a mess
All of these should be relatively straightforward; if any of y'all
want more details on any of them, let me know...

> he'll probably need a volunteer to to the
> windows build, and possibly the fedora build as well. er.. and the OSX
> one. heck, if you've got a normal build-y setup of monotone working on
> *any* platform, perhaps it'd be good to reply here so njs can take
> your name down.

Please do!

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen