monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone removed from testing; shall we disable ch

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone removed from testing; shall we disable checks and upload?
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:22:33 -0700

> > In the mean time, boost has entered testing and gc++-4.2 became the
> > default C++ compiler on 2007-09-14 in testing on all architectures
> > except m68k.
>
> According to http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/boost.html boost has
> *not* entered testing, and there's still a huge list of blockers at
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=boost too.

I should also mention that if the default C++ compiler in unstable is
4.2, we definitely should not upload monotone until the boost in
unstable is built with 4.2 or we have a version that doesn't use
external boost libraries.  (Headers should be fine.)  Mismatched
compiler version between the external boost libraries and the mtn
executable is known to cause intermittent segfaults on *all*
architectures of interest.

zw