Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] nsis 2.46 build fails (util.h patch)

From: Guhl Peter
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] nsis 2.46 build fails (util.h patch)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 13:20:33 +0200

Hello Tony

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Tony Theodore [mailto:address@hidden
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013 12:17
>
> On 23/05/2013, at 6:41 PM, Guhl Peter <address@hidden>
> wrote:

First of all: thanks for your quick response!

[...]
> > start of the Makefile. But I see there are patches (well, one) for
> nsis
> > in .../mxe/src so I guess it should be possible to add another one.
> > Could you give me a hint (or a slightly more detailed version of RTFM
> > ;-) ?
>
> The quick way to add a patch is simply place it in the src/ directory
> with a name like nsis-2-fix-header.patch. There is a more sophisticated

That sounds easy enough.

> style that involves a single patch file with a series of commits
> created by `git format patch`.

That sounds slightly less easy...

> > It might make sense to integrate this patch into the MXE source too;
> the
> > bugfix on sourceforge isn't that new but it seems like it did not yet
> > make it into the nsis stable tree.
>
> That patch is already in the master branch of mxe, I'd recommend you
> switch to that as it's very much more up-to-date. The patch in master

Oh, right, forgot to mention I used the stable-branch ;-)

> is an example of the git-style patch and should apply to stable as nsis
> hasn't done a release for a long time.

That's way 3 of 2 then. "steal" the patch from the master repository and
"backport" it to stable. The quickest way with the smallest possibility
to add my own typos to the whole thing.

I'll start with the "backport" and if that fails I'll move on to the
master branch. There are plans to make it run on the old SLAX 6,
if possible - so sticking to a not-so-up-to-date branch is one of the
options. But that's not an absolute must.

BTW: The final goal is to crosscompile QEMU in a one-click way. Don't
expect it to be done by the end of this week, though... ;-)

Regards
   Peter