Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Help building libevince?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Help building libevince?
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 10:10:34 +0000

On Sun, 2013-03-03 at 19:17 +1100, Tony Theodore wrote:
> On 02/03/2013, at 10:18 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I've attached the patches. I should say that we have given up this
> > approach for now, returning to LilyPond's GUB builder,
>
> GUB looks interesting, is there a reason you stopped using it in the first
> place?

It requires quite a bit of effort to understand, and does not seem to
have very responsive support. (I haven't been too involved myself with
this - as with mxe, others have done all the real work). But the idea of
building statically was mine, which is how I came to suggest mxe - it
seems over-complex to create a whole machinery (dlls) that is going to
have to work at run time when no-one is, in fact, sharing anything.

Richard