Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Geda/PCB build (was: Request for OSS support)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Geda/PCB build (was: Request for OSS support)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:19:42 +1100

On 14/02/2013, at 5:34 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

gd has built-in gif support and doesn't use giflib. I've added a test to confirm this:

In addition to trying the `--disable-gif` configure option, could you send the config.log file that is generated without the option - I'd like to see how it's checking for gif support.

Okay, the pcb source has some strange logic to look for -lbgd instead of -lgd, and for some other reason doesn't detect gd functionality correctly. To build pcb:

tar xf pcb-20110918.tar.gz
cd pcb-20110918/
sed -i 's,GD=bgd,GD=gd,g' configure
./configure \
    --host=i686-pc-mingw32 \
    --prefix='/Users/tonyt/dev/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32' \
    --disable-update-desktop-database \
    --disable-update-mime-database \
    --disable-doc \
    GDLIB_CONFIG=/Users/tonyt/dev/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/gdlib-config \
    ac_cv_func_gdImageGif=yes \
    ac_cv_func_gdImageJpeg=yes \
    ac_cv_func_gdImagePng=yes
make

You'll end up with a pcb.exe in the src/ directory that is ~50MB in size (and probably more convenient to share with customers/colleagues).