Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Request for OSS support

From: Enoch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Request for OSS support
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 01:24:58 -0500

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13/02/2013, at 4:50 PM, Enoch <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi fellows,
>>
>> Perhaps the most important OSS for electronics engineers is the geda
>> project, in particular:
>>
>> git clone git://git.geda-project.org/geda-gaf
>> git clone git://git.geda-project.org/pcb.git
>>
>> Having a windows port is an absolute necessity for cooperating with
>> coworkers and so far this project has been using minipack
>> (http://code.google.com/p/minipack/).
>>
>> The best package for instllation under windows is Hanover University
>> contribution:
>> http://bibo.iqo.uni-hannover.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=schaltungsentwurf:tools
>
> Is there something wrong/missing with those binaries that would benefit from
> being built by mxe? They seem to be very recent.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tony

Have a look at recent discussion at
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cad.geda.user/41063> "[geda-user]
crosscompile for windows with minipack" and the inadequacy of minipack
would become apparent.

DJ Delorie, a famous OSS guy, auto builds at
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/geda-windows/ but it is always trailing after
the Linux offering.

Also, I don't think that any of the developers is "emotionally invested"
in minipack.

Thanks, Enoch.