Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Missing libmng dependency on lcms

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Missing libmng dependency on lcms
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 01:24:34 +0100

David García Garzón <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On Tuesday 09 November 2010 23:23:44 Mark Brand wrote:
> >
> > I took a quick look at this. According to libmng's  README.config ,
> > libmng can use lcms. But the "lcms" in mingw-cross-env is actually lcms2
> > which does not work. Apparently, the older lcms would need to be added
> > to mingw-cross-env, or perhaps libmng could be made to work with lcms2.
> > Are you interested in pursuing one of the options?
>
> [...]
>
> Try compiling just libmng from a clean installation. The compilation fails
> complaining about lcms. Compile lcms2 (the same version in cross-mingw-env)
> first and it will compile with no modification (no need for lcms1). I guess
> that usually lcms2 gets compiled previously in the build sequence and because
> of that it gave no problem until now.

So your analysis seems contradict that of Mark.

Mark, David, it would be great if you could clarify whether lcms1 is
needed or not. (i.e. whether the current lcms(2) is sufficient or not)

> I am interested in compiling just libmng alone with its minimum dependencies.

Although a bit OT, just a quick note:

Compiling libmng with minimum dependencies is not an option, as the
exact meaning of "minimum dependencies" varies from application to
application. We would have to support a huge number variants about
which library is linked with which library or not.

That's why we try to build each library as feature complete as possible,
and use only that one (complete) configuration for testing.

Also, note that the "wasted" space in the final *.exe file is usually
very low, especially when it's about such a small library like lcms.

Greets,