Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Missing libmng dependency on lcms

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Missing libmng dependency on lcms
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:47:58 +0100

I just noticed that there is a missing dependency for libmng on lcms.

Regards.
Hi David,

I took a quick look at this. According to libmng's  README.config ,
libmng can use lcms. But the "lcms" in mingw-cross-env is actually lcms2
which does not work. Apparently, the older lcms would need to be added
to mingw-cross-env, or perhaps libmng could be made to work with lcms2.
Are you interested in pursuing one of the options?

Mark
I am interested in compiling just libmng alone with its minimum dependencies.
Try compiling just libmng from a clean installation. The compilation fails
complaining about lcms. Compile lcms2 (the same version in cross-mingw-env)
first and it will compile with no modification (no need for lcms1). I guess
that usually lcms2 gets compiled previously in the build sequence and because
of that it gave no problem until now.

David.

Hi David,

Are you working with the development version of mingw-cross-env?

http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/#development

Did you see my last message where I explained how I added lcms support for libmng?

Mark