Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] fix for building Qt on Mac with "-ar

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] fix for building Qt on Mac with "-arch windows"
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 19:11:54 +1000

On 21 May 2010 17:50, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>> So is there anything else missing in the current development
>> version of Mingw-cross-env? If not, I'll announce the test round.
>
> I understand there is an issue building Qt now on the Mac. The likely
> solution is available for testing in the files for Qt 4.7-beta1 here:
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~brandm/mingw-cross-env/qt-1-win32.patch
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~brandm/mingw-cross-env/qt.mk
>
> It's also now in the attached patch for the current development
> mingw-cross-env with Qt 4.6.2.
>
> It's possible that the solution will expose new issues, so please try it
> before applying! :)

With those changes, CFG_MAC_ARCHS remains unset, so the build fails
later on with some byte order/endian error messages (log attached).

I'll try to have another look at it tonight, I'm curious to see what
"-arch windows" does on other systems. If it gets silently ignored, we
may just be able to remove the configure check for MAC and let it be
passed along.