Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk packages

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk packages
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:22:11 +0200

Martin Gerhardy <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Am Freitag, den 07.05.2010, 19:48 +0200 schrieb Volker Grabsch:
> >
> > Okay, so the configure.in/ac script needs to be fixed, but that's
> > a minor issue. Thanks for the contribution!
[...]
> > Since you're using gtkglext actively, could you produce a little
> > test program, please? Don't make it big, keep it as simple as
> > possible, but make use of gtkglext.
[...]
> here is the correct file.

Thanks! It looks great. However, I'm wondering about the following part:

> #ifdef _WIN32
> #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
> #include <windows.h>
> #endif

First, the "#ifdef _WIN32" is not necessary because we know that we're
using Windows. Also, what is "WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN" symbol good for?
And finally, why do we need to "#include <windows.h>"?

It looks like one could remove those 4 lines without loosing anything.
Is that correct, or are these needed for some reason?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR