Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] upgrade packages glib gtk

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] upgrade packages glib gtk
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:50:20 +1000

On 21 April 2010 16:50, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Hi Volker,
>
>> Your patch seems to be mostly okay, but I noticed two things
>> that need some discussion before I can include your patch.
>
> Yes, some things seem to have changed with this glib version. The native
> tool "gschema-compile" is needed to make the "gio" cross target. This
> cascades  into all the other changes in glib.mk.
>
> The symbolic link lets the cross build find gschema-compile at the expected
> path.
>
> The native tool "gschema-compile" is built by the native "gio" target.
>
> The native gio needs the xdgmime, inotify and libasyncns subprojects and
> gmodule. It also needs the "--enable-threads" option. I reached this
> conclusion by trial and error and looking at the messages in the log.

Unfortunately, inotify is only available on Linux systems, and there
doesn't seem to be any configure options for it. I wasn't able to do a
native build separately, and there's nothing at macports yet for
guidance.

Looking at the releases on gtk.org, it seems they follow the
odd-unstable, even-release numbering system. There's been three
releases of glib 2.25 in the past week - maybe we should revert to the
2.24 series, it's only just come out and they seem to have six month
release cycle?