Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] upgrade packages glib gtk

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] upgrade packages glib gtk
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:27:16 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >Tony, would you be willing to try to build glib 2.25.3 on the Mac with
> >"fam" instead of "inotify" in the native part of the glib.mk?  For
> >your convenience, I'm attaching a glib.mk that might work.  If it
> >works, maybe Volker has a suggestion about the best way to detect
> >Linux/non-Linux and select inotify or fam in the glib.mk.
>
> I overlooked the  "--disable-fam" option in the glib.mk I attached in my
> last message. I suppose that's not appropriate.  You might also want to
> experiment with not explicitly making the various subprojects of below
> '$(1).native/gio/.

Is there any possibility to build the native glib simply without fam
and without inotify?

The native glib is just built because it provides some code generators,
and I doubt that these code generators really need fam/inotify.

Did you already try to get rid of them? If so, why didn't that work
for you?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR