Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8.0 freeze!

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8.0 freeze!
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 23:37:18 -0800

On 03/05/2015 10:38 PM, Jim Campbell wrote:

> I was able to get the most recent stuff running on Centos 7, but had to
> do some magical incantations to get things going. I took good notes,
> though. Where would be the best spot for my notes?

Cool, thanks for helping test the latest code! Here are my suggestions
of where to share your experiences.

If you encountered an error in the installation, check the MediaGoblin
issue tracker [1] to see if someone has reported that error. If not,
please open a new ticket for the issue.

If you ran into an issue due to lack of documentation which you think is
a generic MediaGoblin installation issue (rather than specific to your
distribution), check against the latest MediaGoblin documentation [2] to
see if it's covered there. If not, please open a new ticket on the
MediaGoblin issue tracker [1] and set Component to "documentation."

If you had to find a workaround for the installation that is specific to
your distribution, then I think the MediaGoblin wiki [3] would be a good
place to document that. Specifically, the HackingHowto page [4] seems to
contain distro-specific knowledge.

If none of those fit, try us again on IRC. I missed you earlier, but
people are in and out at various times.

[1] https://issues.mediagoblin.org/
[2] http://mediagoblin.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
[3] https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/