[GMG-Devel] Friendica, RedMatrix, and MediaGoblin

From: Mike Macgirvin
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Friendica, RedMatrix, and MediaGoblin
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:13:38 +1100

https://github.com/friendica/friendica/issues/828#issuecomment-29457655

Would like to work out some other forms of project interactions once the pump dust dies down (especially for Friendica's sister^H^H^H^H^H^H distant-cousin project, the Red Matrix), but can anybody give us a hint on how to do MG video embeds into conversation streams? Even if we have to glue some static html together with an ID; we can work with that. Oembed or anything that's discoverable would be preferred - as we won't be able to discover that it's a MG asset from the URL itself like we can with the well-known centralised services; and scraping html leaves a lot to be desired.