Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin

From: cgw993
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:40:26 -0800

Thanks for letting me know.     I wonder if just increasing the number of
users would increase the amount of donations coming in?  If MediaGoblin were
very easy to install by a non tech user, even if the program had very
limited functionality, alot of people woud intall it.  They would use it,
and want more features and so donate.

I guess I havent really seen alot change in MediaGlobin for quite some time.
Is the focus for now just making the program easy to install, and for it to
provide the ability to upload video and photos?   Why not just limit it to
that for now, dont worry about pdf's or other media types.   I would love to
not use youtube and I would love to be able to upload some photos or videos.
The only location I have been able to use for MediaGlobin is Sweden, I think
it ends in .se.

Out of all the universities we have on this planet and all the people
throughout the world, I guess I dont understand why it would take so many
years to make a simple decentralized program to upload media.  To me is
seems impossible that a successful program could not have been written by
now unless there has been some kind of artificial problem or interference of
some sort.

There have been many admirable projects over the years that seemed to fade
away.