Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin

From: Joar Wandborg
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:35:54 +0100

Hello,

We try to avoid patent-encumbered formats, we use WebM for video and audio.

The challenge at the moment, at least from what I see is time.
MediaGoblin would greatly benefit from more resources, having either one
or more funded MediaGoblin developers would greatly benefit the project,
as it is now, we have a lot of separate volounteers contributing code,
thus putting a lot of work on the lead developer to review code. If we
could increase the throughput on reviewing by assigning more people to
review it would make the lead developer able to concentrate on
increasingly keeping the project coherent and flexible while moving forward.

Some of the challenges are technical, thankfully we have bright people
on board to solve those problems. Somthing that has been mentioned is
the lack of user interface and design efforts, we have no dedicated
resource for that at the moment, neither funded nor volounteer. I have
heard from people interested in helping with that.

I think that in conclusion my impression is that we need more people, in
addition to the fantastic ones we already have, dedicated to working
with the project in all the different aspects.

This might be bias due to my self-consciousness about not being able to
contribute as much to the project as I would like to.

- joar