Re: [GMG-Devel] video transcoding creates excessively restricted files

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] video transcoding creates excessively restricted files
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 11:03:13 -0500

Kushal Kumaran writes:

> ayleph <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I have most definitely encountered this problem, but I hadn't tracked
>>> down the culprit. Do you have an account on the MediaGoblin Trac site?
>>> It would be the proper place to submit a bug and include your patch, I
>>> think.
>>>
>>> http://issues.mediagoblin.org/
>>
>> I should have checked Trac first myself; it looks like there's already a
>> related issue from 3 weeks ago about this. No proposed solution though.
>>
>> http://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/716
>>

> Thanks for the pointer.  I've added a comment and the patch to issue
> 716.

Heya,

Thanks for bringing up this thread.  A lot of people have run into this
problem... you hit the nail on the head of it being the
NamedTemporaryFile.

It turns out we don't even need to be using those, even!  We can get rid
of it...

If someone is willing to take this on, I'd be happy to help them with
it.  Otherwise else I will try to get to it by 0.4.1... but the more
help I can get, the better.