[GMG-Devel] are you aware of pan.do/ra

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: [GMG-Devel] are you aware of pan.do/ra
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 07:59:25 +0530

I am wondering if you are aware of the project http://pan.do/ra?  They have done an excellent job of creating a good video archive with so many features.  Could you not make use of their ideas, instead of developing everything from scratch.

You can see this platform in action at http://pad.ma/ and our instance of it http://wetube.gnowledge.org/ and also at http://oxdb

They are yet to develop the image library part of it.  May be there is a good chance of collaboration there too. These developers are also committed to keeping the media formats free, therefore they convert all media into vebm before they become part of the archive.  Also a python/django project.

go and check it out if you haven't.

This is not to say don't develop mediagoblin further.don't get me wrong.  Their libraries, including js and python stock are made in a reusable form.  I thought this might save you some developer time if the ideas match.

If you are already aware of it, ignore my message.

--
GN