Re: [GMG-Devel] are you aware of pan.do/ra

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] are you aware of pan.do/ra
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:18:42 +0530

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> wrote:
Heya Nagarjuna,

I wasn't aware of that probject, but it looks interesting.  Curious
desktop-like media playing interface.  I think it has some different
goals, but maybe code reuse or integration is somehow possible.

I'll keep an eye on it!

The issue is not the interface, which seemed very complicated for a novice.  But, when I looked at their API http://wetube.gnowledge.org/api, I noticed that one can develop another video or media application without using their user interface.  So, we did some hacking and got this thing working: see http://beta.metastudio.org/gstudio/resources/videos/ , where we are pushing and pulling the video and metadata in one single store managed by pan.do/ra instance, and use it at another website.

--
Nagarjuna

--
Nagarjuna G.