mailman

From: Jace Toronto
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 21:59:13 +0000 (UTC)

> Hi Jace - 1) there are no pending subscription requests for
> lilypond-user. Maybe it sent back the automated confirmation and it
> ended up in your spam. No human has to approve subscriptions for that
> list.

Sigh.  Good ol' Yahoo.  Its mail interface used to let me know when new
messages were in the Spam folder, which I checked religiously because it caught
far more legitimate messages than it did spam ones.  Apparently with their
latest user-interface overhaul that made more things worse than better, no
longer providing such notification is one of the changes I just learned about.
That is indeed where the confirmation message ended up.

> 2) I just subscribed you by hand and you should have just gotten the
> welcome message.

Great, thank you!

> 3) Despite what the listinfo page said, it was/is not necessary to be
> subscribed to post, for this list or nearly all other GNU lists.

Yeah, this is true of a couple other GNU lists I'm on, but I didn't bother
trying to post to lilypond-user because I foolishly believed that page that had
other demonstrably outdated info on it. (:

Thank you for your help!