lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colors

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colors
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 20:23:16 -0400 (EDT)

> I would like to set lynx to display only 2 colors - black text on a
> white (or light grey) background.  This is similar to how I have my
> terminal set up (I use st from suckless.org).

Because it runs in a terminal emulator, lynx does not have direct
control over colours; the most it can do is request that the terminal
emulator do something and hope the terminal emulator listens.

This is relevant here mostly in that it means that, if you have trouble
getting lynx to do what you want, a possible alternative approach is to
configure your terminal emulator to display whatever lynx is sending
however you want.  (I don't know st, so I don't know how configurable
it is in those respects.  On a real terminal, you usually don't have
this luxury, but real terminals are pretty thin on the ground these
days; most of them, even when they were common, amount(ed) to a
dedicated machine running a terminal "emulator" anyway.)

It sounds, downthread, as though you've got lynx doing what you want
now, so this is mostly something for you to file away for the next time
you are fighting with something running in a terminal emulator over
colours - or, perhaps, for someone else having trouble with lynx and
colours.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                address@hidden