lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colors

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colors
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 04:21:41 -0400

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 06:59:47PM -0400, Arthur Alinovi wrote:
> I would like to set lynx to display only 2 colors - black text on a white
> (or light grey) background. This is similar to how I have my terminal set up
> (I use st from suckless.org).
>
> In lynx.cfg I've experimented with assumed_colors and default_colors but
> nothing seems to work. I've also tried the -nocolor switch but that give the
> opposite of what I want.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions or advice.

man lynx:

       -lss=FILENAME
              specify   filename   containing  color-style  information.   The
              default is lynx.lss.  If you give an empty filename, Lynx uses a
              built-in  monochrome  scheme  which imitates the non-color-style
              configuration.

Once told to ignore the lss-file, you can use the COLOR-settings in the
lynx.cfg file.  Here's a quick example:

#!/bin/sh
export LYNX_CFG=/tmp/test/foo.cfg
lynx-dev -lss='' .