lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: should nested <blockquotes> indent even further?

From: Petr Baudis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: should nested <blockquotes> indent even further?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:04:34 +0100

Dear diary, on Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:02:55AM CET, I got a letter,
where David Woolley <address@hidden> told me, that...
> For nested blockquote elements:  HTML is not a page description language.
> It does not mandate any particular presentation for any particular element,
> even though the spec may suggest ones or mention typical current practice.
> As such, the question is meaningless.

Acknowledged, but I believe that for the browser to serve its purpose best, it
should represent the structure as logically and comprehensibly as possible. And
I think that increasing the indentation level for nested blockquotes is a place
for improvement here ;-).

Concluded, I'd take the questions rather as a doubt about quality of lynx'
visual presentation of the structure than anything else. And such a question
should be perfectly valid for you as well ;-).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.
> I don't know why people still want ACL's. There were noises about them for
> samba, but I'v enot heard anything since. Are vendors using this?
Because People Are Stupid(tm).  Because it's cheaper to put "ACL support: yes"
in the feature list under "Security" than to make sure than userland can cope
with anything more complex than  "Me Og.  Og see directory.  Directory Og's.
Nobody change it".  C.f. snake oil, P.T.Barnum and esp. LSM users
        -- Al Viro
.
Crap: http://pasky.ji.cz/