lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Building mbedtls using LWIP library

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Building mbedtls using LWIP library
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:31:20 +0200

Hi Shruthi!
        I'm using mbedtls and lwip on an embedded devices so I can only help
integration both if there are no other tcp/ip-stacks around.
        Basically mbedtls interfaces to any tcp/ip-stack using bsd-socket API.
This is archived using the file net.c, which comes with mbedtls such,
that it builds on multiple platforms. I'd suggest that you carefully
check that all calls to open/close/read/write are correctly linked to
lwip. There might be modifications needed - eventually also in lwip - to
not use the Linux stack. I think that should be all. Please make sure to
enable socked api. You might need to enable support for transmit/receive
timeouts and you might wont to make sure, that lwips errno can be/is
read insight net.c.
        Please check the archive of this list as we had recently some
discussions regarding mbedtls and the configuration of lwip.

        Best regards
                Jan