lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Building mbedtls using LWIP library

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Building mbedtls using LWIP library
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:09:42 +0200

shruthi wrote:
> You wrote:
>> If you want to see how it's done, get the latest git master's src
>> and contrib repositories and build the unix example port with "mbedtls"
>> next to the contrib folder and you should get TLS support (mbedTLS code
>> is *not* included with lwIP).

You misunderstood me here: That sentence was about using mbedTLS via the
*callback API*, not via sockets!
In this case, net_sockets.c is *not* used at all. After all, mbedTLS does not
link net_sockets.c, but your
application links it by setting the bio callbacks.

> This would still require changing net_sockets.c of mbedTLS library to use
> LwIP socket functions (like lwip_socket(), lwip_bind(), etc), right? Because
> by default it uses socket APIs from my Linux stack.

Only if you can't use LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS.

> And, if I try to do this, I need to use LwIP library to build mbedTLS
> library to point to the definitions of all these LwIP socket functions. Is
> it possible to combine these two libraries?

I'm afraid I don't understand this. And I'm not sure if you do...

Simon