lwip-users

[lwip-users] netif_default issue with 2.0.0-beta1

From: Andy Pont
Subject: [lwip-users] netif_default issue with 2.0.0-beta1
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 11:09:46 +0100

Hello,

I have switched the network code I was using to the 2.0.0-beta1 release that
we were notified about earlier in the week and my previously working
application code is now throwing an error.

The initialisation of the stack is as follows:

        netif_add(&lwipnetif, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gateway,
                                &pciinfo, pcieth_init, ethernet_input);
        netif_set_default(&lwipnetif);
        netif_set_up(&lwipnetif);

        if (netif_default->flags & NETIF_FLAG_LINK_UP)
        {
                dhcp_set_struct(&lwipnetif, &lwipnetif_dhcp);
                dhcp_start(&lwipnetif);

        }
        else
        {
                // Output an error saying we have no network stack.
        }

Within the pcieth_init function the flags are set as follows:

        // Set the interface flags.
        netif->flags = NETIF_FLAG_BROADCAST | NETIF_FLAG_ETHARP |
NETIF_FLAG_LINK_UP;

With the previous version pulled from git (latest CHANGELOG entry is
2015-10-09) it all worked OK.  With 2.0.0-beta1 it shows the error saying
there is no network stack.  If I take the check out then the DHCP request
works OK as does the other stuff we do with the stack.

Is there something broken or I have I missed something?

Andy.