lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netif_default issue with 2.0.0-beta1... added mailing l

From: Andy Pont
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 13:43:21 +0100

Hi Sylvain,

> First, could you git bisect, bad HEAD, good
> 02bddd251a571dbc0efd310f29bb1d3aa004afb3 (~ Fri Oct 9 2015) to find the
> offending commit ?

So, git bisect all the way back to the Oct 9 commit didn't show anything.
Poking around looking at some of the contents of the netif structure (MTU and
flags) after the call to netif_add() showed nonsense.

Adding a directive in the netif.h file to align the structure with byte
alignment seems to resolve that but it has broken something else further along
as the calls to the DHCP functions no longer seem to work.

I'll do some more debugging to see if I can find what is now causing the DHCP
to fail.

Regards,

Andy.