lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:07:49 -0300

Enrico,
can you provide a trigger ? My wireshark screen is all green...
I mean, please provide an HTML that I can include in my code that you
know forces this behaviour.

I remember getting RSTs when POSTing to authorization required pages,
the browser sends the whole pack and the server stops immediately. This
is my fault and I will address it some day, but what you describe is
exactly the opposite, the client sends FIN+ACK. I'm I correct ?

I've tested with Firefox 41.0.2 and now 42.0 on Windoze, and my test bed
is my lwHTTPd over the minimal unix port.
My LWIP_HTTPD_SUPPORT_EXTSTATUS is #defined to 0
My server sends the 401 header and status in one TCP segment in one
Ethernet frame. Please provide your config too; I don't quite get the
issue (my fault, not yours), but I seem to understand from what you
describe that the 401 header is on one frame and the HTML status on the
next one ? My code is optimized not to do that unless memory is scarce.