lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?

From: Enrico Murador - Research & Development - CET
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:21:24 +0100

Dear Sergio,

On 18/11/2015 15:42, Sergio R. Caprile wrote:
I see wrong TCP checksums on your client side, in both capture files;
but that is common when capturing on the same machine and it has hw
checksum offloading
True, the TCP checksum check option is disabled (by default?) on my Wireshark.

I see your point, your description is quite clear to me now, however, I
don't see that as a problem since the connection has already been closed
anyway. Maybe someone in the group of lwIP developers wants to address
this, I'm not one of them and I don't see this as an issue or a
potential one, so I won't get involved into tracing it.
Count on me if you have further stuff to check.
Ciao

I agree.
I'm still wondering if it could be more safe to remove that call to tcp_eof() inside tcp_send(), though (before sending last data, I mean). Maybe there could be some other "synchronization" issues I'm not yet aware of.

Thank you for your help!
Enrico