lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Possible bug in src/api/tcpip.c

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Possible bug in src/api/tcpip.c
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 11:14:47 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 14:16 -0400, Rishi Khan wrote:
P.S. I've written a unix driver that actually binds to eth0 (or other device) and operates there. This allows you to test inter-computer communication in unix (tap/tun seem to only work on the machine running the program and no other machine can access this). Is this something that is useful to the community?

Yes, it would be useful, particularly if you can maintain it as lwIP
changes.
I'm curious (since I didn't really use lwIP under linux so far): how does your driver work? Is this a "real" driver running in the kernel context or did you use libpcap or something like that?

Simon