lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Possible bug in src/api/tcpip.c

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Possible bug in src/api/tcpip.c
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 12:42:41 +0200

 P.S. I've written a unix driver that actually binds to eth0 (or other
device) and operates there. This allows you to test inter-computer
communication in unix (tap/tun seem to only work on the machine running the
program and no other machine can access this). Is this something that is
useful to the community?
You need to bridge the tun/tap interface with for instance eth0 for it
to be available on the "real" network. This is my sh script that does
bridging:

There you go, I _thought_ I had already used the unix port from inside a VM to communicate with the guest OS (which means it is visible to the outside network). Even so, I quite like the idea of the other driver as it is more straightforward (and bridge-utils aren't necessary). Is there any advandage of the tun/tap over the raw socket approach?

Simon