Re: [Ltib] Advanced target image generation

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Advanced target image generation
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 13:14:55 +0100

Hi Andrea,

It's hard to comment without a specific example.  However as you say
rolling up a complete image is quite target specific.

IMHO normally it's best to keep the management of different Flash
partitions independent of each other, this makes replacing one of them
easier.  Of course you can always combine them into a single image, so
long as you pad (as you mention).  I suspect the best thing is to have a
separate script you run outside of LTIB.

BTW: depending on your usage, you may want to check out using jffs2 as
your root filesystem image type rather than the ext2 ramdisk.

Regards, Stuart