[Ltib] Advanced target image generation

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: [Ltib] Advanced target image generation
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:27:47 +0200

Hi ltib folks,
Since I'm getting more and more comfortable in using such a powerful
tool, I'd like to push it a step forward and make it manage the process
of generating a full flash image of my system, ready for deploy.

Just to make a spot of the scene: I have managed to make ltib generate
the following components of my target system:
* u-boot in-flash image
* rootfs ext2 ramdisk image
* kernel image

Apart from this basic components my system requires a couple more
filesystem images (one is empty and one has some files in it) to be
generated. My goal is to exploit ltib power and make it run the required
scripts to generate, eventually pad to the correct size and append one
another all this pieces to build a single flash image ready for chip
programming. IMO this sounds like an extension of the Target Image
Generation Options menu but it's also highly platform specific, so I
have to figure out where to implement this. Could you suggest a
preferred way to integrate this improved flash image generation
processes into ltib?

Regards,

--
Andrea Galbusera