lout-users

Re: Suggestions for utilizing Lout's SF account

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Suggestions for utilizing Lout's SF account
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 23:40:11 +0100

Hi,

KHMan <address@hidden> writes:

> What I have been doing on SF:
> (a) Mirror source releases on SF (Lout is also mirrored by CTAN; I
> download from CTAN as I seem to be blocked by Jeff's ftp server)
> (b) Basic Win32 binaries
> (c) Basic PS and PDF document set

Actually I didn't know you were doing all this!  I think it's very
important to keep doing this because it provides redundancy and
availability---SF has lots of mirrors and usually allows for much faster
download that the University of Sydney's FTP, especially overseas.  ;-)

Perhaps Jeff could have an SF account too so that he can upload releases
directly?

> (b) A more permanent website, informative yet maintainable, at SF
> or at Jeff's site or at Mark's site?

No particular idea, it doesn't have to be fancy, a small blurb to let
people know what this is about would be good.

Since SF is now back "under control", maybe the page could be hosted
there too?

Thanks for your work!

Ludovic.