lmi

Re: [lmi] Saving and restoring window geometry

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Saving and restoring window geometry
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 15:11:26 +0000

On 2018-04-30 12:52, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

>       https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/795
>
> with the proposed changes.

Thanks. Our [2018-05-01, 2018-05-31] release has just been announced.
It would be ideal to upgrade wx for the [2018-06-01, 2018-06-30]
release, where no significant user-visible change in lmi code is
planned: that way, we can spend plenty of time testing the wx upgrade
in advance, and if it unexpectedly causes any problems for end users,
we can revert it without losing any big new feature they care about.

> I didn't have time to test this under Wine yet,
> however, so I plan to do it next and, if there are no problems found there,
> and also if there are no other comments about this PR, I'm going to merge
> it soon.

Please don't treat any 'wine' anomaly as a blocking issue solely on
my account. All my 'wine' windows are always maximized, and I never
change their size (except when testing changes like this), so my
interest in whether this works with 'wine' is only academic.