Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone SDK build failed.

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone SDK build failed.
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:54:26 +0100

Hi Eli,

Thanks for having shared your experience with us.
We will leverage on your work to make Linphone compatible with latest version of macport.

Cheers

Le 15 janv. 2013 à 19:40, Eli Burke a écrit :

Arek,

I've been struggling with this for days. It's mystifying to me that it was so hard to get working. I'm using Mountain Lion, Xcode 4.5, and iOS 6. I wonder if perhaps MacPorts is now installing newer versions of the tools required by the install guide.

At any rate, I just got Linphone fully built earlier today. To fix your 'install-sh' problem, you just need to create an empty file that is required by newer versions of autoconf:
'touch submodules/linphone/install-sh

At this point, I was stumped for a very long time by another error:
./configure: line 4543: syntax error near unexpected token `HAVE_MD5SUM,test'
./configure: line 4543: `AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_MD5SUM,test -n $MD5SUM)'
As it turned out, the problem was again triggered by a line in configure.ac:
configure.ac:42: error: 'AM_PROG_CC_STDC': this macro is obsolete.

The solution was to edit submodules/linphone/configure.ac and delete the line that says:
AM_PROG_CC_STDC
You will need to 'make veryclean' or run 'cd build/linphone; ./autogen.sh'

Incidentally, while working through this I also figured out the necessary steps to replace MacPorts with brew which has the advantage of being more self-contained and easily reversible than MacPorts.
1) Install brew: (instructions at http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/)
2) Install dependencies:
brew install coreutils automake autoconf libtool intltool
brew install wget pkgconfig cmake gmake yasm doxygen ImageMagick optipng
brew tap homebrew/dupes
brew install xz homebrew/dupes/grep

Linphone is hardcoded to look for a lot of tools in MacPorts-specific locations, (e.g. /opt/local/bin) so I also had to create a link from there to brew's standard install location: 'ln -s /usr/local /opt/local'

Good luck!
Eli