Re: Still failing to operate lilypond 2.20.0 64-bit version.

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Still failing to operate lilypond 2.20.0 64-bit version.
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 17:45:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Oct 2023, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Thanks.  I think it's ghostscript – there are no pre-built packages
> available either.  While LilyPond doesn't link to it in normal builds,
> gs is needed for converting LilyPond's EPS output files to PDF.  In
> other words, a MacPorts user still needs a compiler...

If LilyPond doesn't link to gs but only execs it, then gs having an
incompatible version of GPL from LilyPond's version should not render
either binary undistributable, even together.  GNU's position seems to be
that exec is a boundary across which it's not necessary for licenses to be
compatible.  Of course, whether MacPorts's automated determination of
distributability can capture this distinction, is another question.

--
Matthew Skala
mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before tribes.