Re: Font problem on Mac

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Font problem on Mac
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 05:32:53 +0000 (UTC)

>> I am experiencing a very weird problem with Lilypond on macOS 13
>> Ventura.  When using the Times New Roman font, the capital letter N
>> is mis-printed.

Have a look at the thread starting at

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-12/msg00349.html

which discusses a very similar issue (if not the same).

>> I do not think that my Times New Roman font is corrupted.

Actually, I think it is: Most likely the font's 'post' table is broken
(i.e., it has a wrong PostScript name for glyph 'N').  Normally, you
won't see the problem at all because most applications access a font's
'cmap' table (i.e., a Unicode input value gets mapped to a glyph
index), which seems to be OK for this font.

You might try to copy the affected font from macOS 14 to macOS 13 and
check whether it works.

Jean did the analysis then, he can tell more.

   Werner