Re: Font problem on Mac

From: Mark Probert
Subject: Re: Font problem on Mac
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 13:10:16 +1000

Hi.

> On 28 Aug 2023, at 11:36, David F. <davidf@gmx.us> wrote:
>
> I am experiencing a very weird problem with Lilypond on macOS 13 Ventura.
> When using the Times New Roman font, the capital letter N is mis-printed.

I can confirm and replicate this under 13.4.1

> I do not think that my Times New Roman font is corrupted.  Capital N appears
> fine in FontBook and prints just fine in all other apps I’ve tried.  I have
> not seen this problem with any other font.

Agreed. When I use “Times” as the font (a TrueType version) it is fine. If I
use “Times New Roman Bold” it works as expected, but not “Times New Roman” (an
OpenType font).

I suspect the problem is a weird one but not specifically a LP one (I may be
wrong)

 ..m.