Re: Policy for posts from non-members

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Policy for posts from non-members
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 00:25:43 +0100

Le mardi 21 février 2023 à 23:54 +0100, David Kastrup a écrit :

Maybe it's possible to prepare a stock message that you just need to
checkmark?  That would go a long way towards being less weary.  A
different tradeoff.

Personally, I'm a bit uneasy with sending canned responses as if they were newly written. If I'm sending similar replies, I might as well do that automatically.

The disadvantage is that the newcomer maybe doesn't have the feeling of being individually cared for by a human person if it's an automatic response. I would usually write a word of welcome when replying to a question from a newcomer, though.