Re: Double bar notation in middle of measure

From: Jean-Julien Fleck
Subject: Re: Double bar notation in middle of measure
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 07:31:16 +0100

Hello Evan,

Le ven. 17 févr. 2023 à 06:12, Evan Driscoll <evaned@gmail.com> a écrit :
I'm trying to re-engrave part of a part that has an admittedly-weird double bar indication in the middle of a measure. You can see what I mean, with context, here: https://imgur.com/BnpooBh (measure 49, aka C).

How can I get that in Lilypond? Obviously `\bar "||"` will give a failed barcheck. I tried \section, but that does the same thing.

Have you tried ?
It seems to me that \bar doesn't perform any bar-check as to be able to break a line inside a mesure, you just insert an invisible bar with \bar ""

For me, this seems to give the right result:

\version "2.25.1"

\relative c'{
 c2  \bar "||" c2 c1
}