Re: Double bar notation in middle of measure

From: Evan Driscoll
Subject: Re: Double bar notation in middle of measure
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 01:29:52 -0600

Huh, I (obviously) didn't realize that \bar didn't do bar checks; it didn't even occur to me that it might not, so I didn't try it.

Thanks!

Evan

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 12:42 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le vendredi 17 février 2023 à 07:31 +0100, Jean-Julien Fleck a écrit :

Have you tried ?
It seems to me that \bar doesn't perform any bar-check as to be able to break a line inside a mesure, you just insert an invisible bar with \bar ""

\bar "" is actually not necessary or recommended anymore for that purpose (just use \break or \allowBreak), but \section or \bar "||" is indeed the way to go here.