Re: Documentation: Should we possibly have aliases for current stable an

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Documentation: Should we possibly have aliases for current stable and current devel?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 09:42:16 -0600

On Mon 13 Feb 2023 at 15:58:42 (+0100), Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> Mailing list support: answer questions from fellow users.
> (This may entail helping them navigate the online documentation;
> in such cases it may sometimes be appropriate to point them to
> version-agnostic URL paths such as /latest/ or /stable/, which
> are automatically redirected.)

Very tangential to this, a URL like:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/recent

that would redirect to:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2023-02/threads.html

for whatever the current month is, would allow it to be bookmarked.
("Recent" might be less confusing than "latest", because of the
other use of that term, as above.)

What think you?

Cheers,
David.