Re: Documentation: Should we possibly have aliases for current stable an

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Documentation: Should we possibly have aliases for current stable and current devel?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 21:43:26 +0100

Le lundi 13 février 2023 à 12:02 -0500, Kevin Cole a écrit :

That's okay too... as long as, when I ask a question, the answer isn't
always "upgrade".

To speak for myself: If you say in your post “I know that this feature is in the latest stable version but I can't/don't want to upgrade because of X”, I will try to help you with whatever version you have. But otherwise, yes, I will always recommend upgrading to the latest stable version. What is bad about that? One a stable version is out, everybody will unlearn now outdated practices and learn new ones, so you will get better support for it even if you don't count the new features and fixes.

The latest two stable releases took a total of 3 years, so it's not exactly like we're asking everyone to upgrade every week.