Re: Assistance to Create a Recipe for 41-EDO and "Kite Guitar" Tablature

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Assistance to Create a Recipe for 41-EDO and "Kite Guitar" Tablature
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 14:42:49 +0200

> On 29 Jul 2021, at 13:29, devin@ulibarri.website wrote:
>
> On 2021-07-26 04:09, Hans Åberg wrote:
>> I'll send you code for E53
>
> Thank you for the tip and the files.
>
> Kite Guitar Fretting (skipping every other EDO step, and tuning adjacent
> strings odd/even), which helps its physical playability, only works for 41EDO.
>
> That being said, we will take these files and see if we can modify them for
> our news, or otherwise learn from them, to achieve our goals. I really
> appreciate you sharing your work and knowledge.

To adapt the file e53smufl.ly, change 53 to your ET of choice. Then the
corresponding EqualFiftythreePitchNames should have as denominator 2 times the
value of the sharp in the ET. In E53, the minor second m = 4, and the major
second M = 9, so its sharp ♯ = M - m = 5. So this gives the denominator is 2⋅5
= 10. The factor 6 comes from that LilyPond counts 6 M per octave, and 1/2 is
the value of a sharp.