Re: Assistance to Create a Recipe for 41-EDO and "Kite Guitar" Tablature

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Assistance to Create a Recipe for 41-EDO and "Kite Guitar" Tablature
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 10:09:22 +0200

> On 26 Jul 2021, at 00:15, devin@ulibarri.website wrote:
>
> I need help from users who have some experience with microtonality (or
> overrides in general) in Lilypond to create a recipe for lilypond notation
> for the Kite Guitar (kiteguitar.com). The Kite Guitar uses 41 equal divisions
> of the octave in a clever way, which balances practicality with playability
> to get a very close approximation to 7-limit Just Intonation.

I'll send you code for E53, which is a better choice (below), for use with the
SMuFL Bravura font and Helmoltz-Ellis notation, but you can change the ET if
you so like.

E53 is very close to the Pythagorean tuning, but also to Just Intonation and
the 7th partial, by lowering 1 or 2 commas (tonesteps).

If one wants to get close to E12, one can use E72 instead: It adjusts the
diatonic scale from Pythagorean to E12, but the microtonal neutral seconds
change only a few cents.

Graham Breed's file regular.ly is only needed for ETs that are not multiples of
12.