Re: Unusual cross-staff stem in Bartók

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Re: Unusual cross-staff stem in Bartók
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 07:34:12 -0500

The short answer is that that isn’t the way Bartók chose to do them, even if I
would personally do them that way and if a goal is to represent the composer’s
intent, then that’s changing things. As others in the thread indicated, it’s
more common than I realized, so it presumably serves a function.

Arle

--
Misit de iPhone meo.