Ambrosian Chant Notation

From: nagymusic
Subject: Ambrosian Chant Notation
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 15:59:04 -0700 (MST)

IMG_20200111_160849_1.jpg
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5327/IMG_20200111_160849_1.jpg>
Hello!

I'm asked to revise a few Ambrosian chants from the Anglican hymnal. The
goal is to modify the text while keeping the pitches intact. Does anyone
have suggestions on how to engrave the attached example in Lilypond? I'm
familiar with the  Lilypond notation of chants and hymns
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/chants-psalms-and-hymns>
; I just don't know how to replicate the black horizontal lines (noteheads?)
of various lengths and then map the lyrics appropriately (see attached).

Thank you!
~Zvony